Tuesday, July 19

:: insensible ::

Mon, 18 July 2005
Run: 2.7km, 20mins
Stairs: 87 floors, 15mins

+++++++


what would you do when you meet up with old schoolmates that you havent met for 10 yrs?

a) ask how have he/she been doing
b) have they been well
c) where are they working now
d) telling he/she that he is as fat as a "mak/bapak budak"

I would go for a), b) and c). But some people out there just love to pick on answer d). I really don't understand why should such a statement would come out of a person's mouth. And yes yes, I was the one that received such a statement frm a "friend".

You see, I've always hated when ppl made such a comment. Of course there's people out there that is as normal as I am. We "GREW" after our teenage yrs. Mind you the one that made such a statement wasnt even model-pencil thin. Since young, I've hated whenever someone teases a non-pencilthin bodied friend. OR would give comments like, "Eh dah gemuk nyer kau. Makan aper?". "AKU MAKAN LEMAK HARI2, SEBAB TU BERAT MACAM GINI!" (I soo wanted to reply them that way). I mean common! Who are you to judge.

A few years back, I did bump into a fellow team member. Yes, she did put on weight but there's a glow in her face. When she commented that she "grew" too much, I asked her, "Are you very happy now?" Her face suddenly glowed and she started saying that she's having such a great time of her life. So I said, "There, you are happy and that's the most important thing!"

I think, if I kept track of the comments that I got over the years on how "FAT" I am, I should be as big as MR Humpty Dumpty by now.

So pls, do mind what we say to others, coz deep down it may hurt them really bad...