:: perservere ::
i think from today onwards, i will blabber abt my "personal training" session here also. at least by jotting it down, i can see how things are going and also it will keep me motivated.
Since EL have nt been able to join me for gym sessions, I need something to boost my spirits up. Soo badly need to prepare myself for September. Seriously, this "thing" in September is gonna be such a tough one for me. It's gonna be the BIGGEST challenge ever for me. I don't think Mt Kinabalu scares me as much as this. whahha..
So here goes:
Mon, 13 June 05
Stairs Climb: 100
Run: 2.4K
Sat, 11 June 05
Swim: 12-14 Laps
Anyways, I heard from him that his sis, her hubby and a few others in their family are gg for mt kinabalu soon. Gosh! I do envy them, coz i soo wanna be back there again. I was not soo prepared abt the cold, cold weather bt thankfully I was prepared mentally and physically.
Heard frm him that this group didnt even go for any trainings. SOoo cute lah they. I remembered before my climb, a few seasoned hikers said that Mt Kinabalu is one of the few easiest hikes for them. Probably this group felt the same way too.
But personally it was still tough to me. I mean yes, there is already a trail for us to follow, but you do still need to be physically fit to go up the highest mountain in SEA. Coz with the thin air and all, it does take a toll on the body. And last but not least, know your limits. It is soo very crucial.
Since then,I was actually amazed at how I can adapt to things around us. Eventhough I do not have such an extensive experience in hiking and stuff, bt i do think some of my past trips do amaze me.
Like for example, when we had to stay with pigs for a whole week. There was a joke in camp like the pigs are staying in the so called "basement" while us humans and dogs are on the 1st class and 2nd class (or the roof) is for cats or so on..
We never really had "geli" thoughts in our minds at all. Just that we had to be soo very careful to make sure that they do not get near us. I think we were all just too focused on what we were suppose to do there and we always believe that we must not show any disrespect to our hosts.
So now back to hiking, I may just ask EF, "Chief of Hiking" and see if there is anything that he can plan to do. Or should i wait till after Sept? hmmm....
Since EL have nt been able to join me for gym sessions, I need something to boost my spirits up. Soo badly need to prepare myself for September. Seriously, this "thing" in September is gonna be such a tough one for me. It's gonna be the BIGGEST challenge ever for me. I don't think Mt Kinabalu scares me as much as this. whahha..
So here goes:
Mon, 13 June 05
Stairs Climb: 100
Run: 2.4K
Sat, 11 June 05
Swim: 12-14 Laps
Anyways, I heard from him that his sis, her hubby and a few others in their family are gg for mt kinabalu soon. Gosh! I do envy them, coz i soo wanna be back there again. I was not soo prepared abt the cold, cold weather bt thankfully I was prepared mentally and physically.
Heard frm him that this group didnt even go for any trainings. SOoo cute lah they. I remembered before my climb, a few seasoned hikers said that Mt Kinabalu is one of the few easiest hikes for them. Probably this group felt the same way too.
But personally it was still tough to me. I mean yes, there is already a trail for us to follow, but you do still need to be physically fit to go up the highest mountain in SEA. Coz with the thin air and all, it does take a toll on the body. And last but not least, know your limits. It is soo very crucial.
Since then,I was actually amazed at how I can adapt to things around us. Eventhough I do not have such an extensive experience in hiking and stuff, bt i do think some of my past trips do amaze me.
Like for example, when we had to stay with pigs for a whole week. There was a joke in camp like the pigs are staying in the so called "basement" while us humans and dogs are on the 1st class and 2nd class (or the roof) is for cats or so on..
We never really had "geli" thoughts in our minds at all. Just that we had to be soo very careful to make sure that they do not get near us. I think we were all just too focused on what we were suppose to do there and we always believe that we must not show any disrespect to our hosts.
So now back to hiking, I may just ask EF, "Chief of Hiking" and see if there is anything that he can plan to do. Or should i wait till after Sept? hmmm....

<< Home